Connect with us

International

Prince Harry Oprah Interview: I felt trapped in the royal family

Avatar

Published

on

Prince Harry Oprah Interview: I felt trapped in the royal family
P

rinceHarry has said he felt “trapped” and “desperate” in the royal family.

Harry joined Meghan for the second part of the CBS interview with Oprah Winfrey shown in America on Sunday night. It will be broadcast on ITV tonight at 9pm.

The prince, 36, spoke about the couple’s decision to step back as senior royals, which was announced last year.

He also covered topics such as racism at the palace, his relationship with his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William and the couple’s treatment in the press.

Harry said he couldn’t leave the royal family because “I myself was trapped. I didn’t see a way out. I was trapped but I didn’t know I was trapped”.

Winfrey pushed Harry to explain how he had been “trapped” after being born into the privilege of the royal family. He said he was “trapped within the system, like the rest of my family are”.

“My father and my brother, they are trapped. They don’t get to leave,” he said.

He said he has “huge compassion for that”.

Asked if he would have stepped back from the royal family had he not met Meghan, Harry said: “No, the answer to your question is no.”

Asked about the “tipping point” which meant the couple decided to step back as senior royals and leave the UK, Harry replied:  “I was desperate.

“I went to all the places which I thought I should go to, to ask for help – we both did, separately and together.”

Winfrey said: “You left because you were asking for help, and didn’t get it?”

Harry replied: “Yeah. Basically. But we never left.”

Meghan said: “We never left the family.”

Winfrey said: “In conclusion, if you had the support, you’d still be there (the UK)?”

Harry replied: “Without question.

“I’m sad that what’s happened has happened, but I know and I am comfortable knowing we did everything we could to make it work.”

International

Twerking dancers trolled after ‘creepy’ edit at battleship unveiling

Avatar

Published

on

Twerking dancers trolled after ‘creepy’ edit at battleship unveiling
A

ustralians were to begin with stunned to see a hot pant cladded dance troupe twerking to Sean Paul in front of dignitaries at the unveiling of their new navy warship.

But now the ABC news community has apologised soon after modifying the footage in a “creepy” and “sexualising” way sparking threats to the 101 Doll Squadron dancers in a controversy quickly getting to be acknowledged as Twerkgate.

In the information bundle, which appeared to feed Liberal MP Phillip Thompson’s description of the navy as getting “too woke”, the women’s schedule is spliced with response shots from seemingly bemused dignitaries who were, in actuality, seeing a later effectiveness.

Real footage has been leaked of the efficiency, built to reflect Sydney’s Wooloomooloo community, which happened in advance of admirals arrived at the commissioning of HMAS Provide on Saturday.

The ABC has now issued an apology for the way the video was edited, declaring a government MP had told the reporters equally the governor common and the main of navy were being existing for the dance.

“The video clip ought to not have been edited in that way and the ABC apologises to the Governor-Basic and the Chief of Navy, and to viewers, for this mistake,” the assertion mentioned.

101 Doll Squadron experienced previously produced a assertion saying they felt “unsafe” and individually attacked, blaming what they say was the ABC’s “deceptive editing” of a information clip.

“We are very unhappy at the ABC’s misleading enhancing of their online video piece which cut to company and dignitaries who have been not in attendance, and shot from angles which could not be witnessed by the audience,” they stated.

“We found this pretty creepy.”

The group, who specialise in dancehall and afrobeats, have deleted their Fb web page and built their Instagram account non-public following acquiring abuse on the web.

They also lashed out at what they considered was the ABC’s “need to sexualise these ladies and their dance piece”.

“These are the illustrations or photos showing up in the media and the ABC have a ton to respond to for in building us feel threatened and exploited.”

Australian key minister, Scott Morrison, claimed he was ‘“disappointed” in the way the ABC claimed on the celebration.

“I am dissatisfied that this celebration was so misreported. I believe that was disrespectful to the performers to counsel the governor normal or other folks were in attendance in that way.

“I think expectations have unsuccessful and so I imagine certainly defence will seem at these issues and make what changes they desire to in the long term. I will leave that to them. It is disappointing that Australians had been so misled on that problem.”

Continue Reading

Trending