Do you dwell for tech information? Do you look at Google News or Feedly 25 moments a day so you normally know what’s happening? Are you an seasoned writer who can evidently communicate why a detail is interesting or a piece of information is significant? We have a occupation for you.
What We’re Looking For
We’re wanting for an expert and objective news author. We’re conversing about components, software program, robots, AI, electric powered autos, VR, AR, and all forms of other things. If it is tech, we’re rather into it. We want another person who is made use of to banging out information stories without missing the finer information. Telling the tale the way every person else tells it is not what we’re about listed here at Overview Geek, so we need an individual who not only doesn’t thoughts digging into the depths of a PR or achieving out to a business for extra information, but certainly loves finding the things other individuals miss.
Or else, if you have prepared tech news just before, then you previously know this defeat. If you have not, well, this likely isn’t the gig for you. We’re seeking for a person who instinctively is aware of what would make news important—not anyone we have to babysit with each and every article.
About This Job
This is a freelance information author situation. If you’re as very good as you say you are (simply because you know you are going to say how superior you are when you use), there’s a chance that it could ultimately direct to other sorts of content as well—reviews and the like. But to begin, we’ll will need you to routinely bang out a number of information stories a day, generally concerning 300-500 words and phrases.
Because news creating is the main of the work in this article, we’ll require you to be out there throughout the day to support get information out the door. That usually means a person who can be all over no later than 10:00 AM ET and has no issue with hanging out all over the working day.
The occupation is distant, but we’re looking for somebody in the continental United States.
This is the entertaining portion, appropriate? Here’s what we have to have from you:
- Encounter. You need to know what you are carrying out, so at the very least a few many years of practical experience producing information is a must. Also, WordPress knowledge is desired. The first rule of Evaluation Geek is: we write in the CMS. The next rule of Evaluate Geek is…well, you most likely presently know in which this is heading.
- Attention to element. It would seem like this is generally a requirement for most employment, and this a single is no diverse. You have to be capable to fork out notice to the small things. Specifics issue.
- Standard Website positioning awareness. Keywords and phrases, y’all. You have to use them. I really do not make the guidelines. At minimum not all those regulations.
- Ability to operate in a speedy-paced environment. This position is remote, but that doesn’t indicate we never get items completed immediately. At times it’s like the wild west in our Slack. Consider that having said that you want.
- Self-determined. You are a grown man or woman and your editors are not babysitters. If you cannot get stuff accomplished in a sensible fashion on your possess, then it just will not perform out. Sorry.
- Tools: It should really almost certainly go without saying, but you’ll have to have your have personal computer. And world wide web relationship. And telephone. You know, the things you are going to require to get the work accomplished.
- Age: You are going to will need to be at minimum 18. Sorry, young’uns.
What is in it for You
So, we have advised you what we’re hunting for, but what about you? I’m sure you want to know what you get out of this full deal, correct? Of program you do.
- An amazing area to perform. I really don’t want to toot my have horn in this article (toot toot!) but doing the job for RG is great. Significantly, our Slack is almost certainly cooler than any other Slack you are presently in or have been in. Just indicating.
- Early accessibility to products information, and in some cases, merchandise them selves. Occasionally you’ll get the skinny on forthcoming news right before any one else, which is cool. And if you stick all around, you’ll also get hands on with the most up-to-date tech ahead of all of your typical mates and spouse and children can even acquire it. That’s great.
- Normal, on-time payments. I have labored with a lot of freelance writers over the a long time, and one of the most widespread issues I have read is that destinations never pay back freelancers on time. We get that you have charges to pay back and stuff to obtain, so we’re not about that daily life. We pay out Net 15, so you are going to constantly get compensated for your get the job done in a timely method.
Yeah, so about the pay out factor. We start out at $25 per information write-up, but following you’re established and have time to department out, we have various costs for distinct sorts of posts. But we’re getting in advance of ourselves now—we’ll chat about that things when the time arrives.
How to Utilize
Think you have what it normally takes? Then I want to hear from you. Email [email protected] with the matter News Writer. Include:
- Your identify. Yep, we have to say it.
- Prior encounter. We want to know in which you’ve published just before.
- Existing employment. Whether or not you are a freelance author or hoping to find a new gig before you go away an old a single, allow us know.
- Your preferred issues to produce about. Oh boy, that is a significant 1, huh? You do not have to get way too crazy here. Just permit us know the subject areas that you are most snug with.
- Crafting samples. No, the electronic mail you are composing isn’t a sample, no make a difference how intelligent you feel it is. We want to see some true samples—published information with your byline. And do not just send out your portfolio or bio web page from an additional internet site. We want at minimum three sound illustrations of hardware assessments and a handful of information content.
- News examples. Choose a glance at the last 24 several hours and strike us with three examples of what you consider to be the most vital (and why). You don’t have to publish a sample news write-up about a current story, but I’m also not heading to say that it’ll harm your odds if you do. The extra we know about you and your producing type, the greater.
So yeah, there you go. Hit that e-mail draft and let’s do this point.
PS – No, there’s no clever typo concealed in this publish that will enhance your opportunity of obtaining the gig if you place it. If you locate a typo, it is authentic. Experience no cost to allow me know about it both way, though.